All Saints is the Anglican Church at the heart of the Diocese of Bathurst.
The first Church of England service in the district was held on 7 May, 1815 when Governor Macquarie was present.
The first chaplain was Rev John Keane whose parish extended “from Mount York without limitation to the westward”.
Holy Trinity Kelso was the first church built west of the mountains.
All Saints Parish was formed and its first priest was Rev T. Sharp. He conducted services in temporary locations until a foundation stone was laid in 1845 for a permanent structure and four years later a Norman/Romanesque-style building designed by Edmund Blacket was operational. A bell tower was added in 1852.
The church became a cathedral in 1870. The peal of six bells could be rung but over time this, together with heating the interior, led to the fabric of the building being compromised.
A new church was suggested but WW1 intervened. Over the years a choir section, sacrarium, Warriors Chapel, ambulatory and vestries were added.
Leading up to the 1960s another move to build a new church began. Again this was stalled by a major drought.
Finally, plans went ahead and much of the existing Blacket building went down in 1970. A twentieth-century styled structure largely took its place although there are some sections of the older building still to be seen.
The most recent addition has been the bell tower which was completed in October 2009. Three new bells were purchased to add to the existing six (which had been in storage) and now the full peal can be heard.