Bathurst’s service organisations came together in Kings Parade on Friday to celebrate the International Day of People with Disability (IDPD).
Officially IDPD was Sunday and unfortunately, a film festival planned for Adventure Playground was cancelled due to the inclement weather.
However, the official launch was well supported by the many organisations in Bathurst servicing our disabled community members, while the local Wiradyuri elders provided a great welcome to country ceremony to begin proceedings.
1) Glenray’s: Danielle McMahon, Renee Stait, with General Manager, Support Services, Greg Oastler, and Louise Sharpham and Amanda Stone
2) Nick Packham – Vivability, Elder in Training, Yanhadarrambal (means “Wanderer”), Uncle Brian Grant (known as Mallyan), Greg Oastler – Glenray, Leonie Schumacher – Bathurst Community Transport, Denise Simpson (ALO) and Rachel Burnett (Seymour Centre).
3) Denise Simpson and Kathryn Parnell from Accessible Living Options
4) Aishling Tiernan and Sally Lowe from Vivability
5) Rachel Burnett from Bathurst Seymour Centre